POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lizard Skins? : Lizard Skins? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:21:17 EDT (-0400)
  Lizard Skins?
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 14 Sep 2000 07:07:24
Message: <39C0B1E0.46D13BBB@reading.ac.uk>
Hi Folks,

Gilles' post on p.a-u a few days ago got me thinking about variable
scale patterns. His implementation was elegant but doesn't work away
from the origin of the texture. So I decided to create one which would
be consistent anywhere.

Here is my (somewhat overengineered, I fear) attempt. The catch is that
it uses about 45 calls to crackle pigment functions for each point! It's
not quite as bad as it could be because each call is to almost the same
point, so the speed optimisations work quite well.

The two images use the same code, the difference is caused by changing
one variable's value.

I'll clean up the code a bit and if there is any interest I'll post it.

Bye for now,
	Mike Andrews.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'lizard2a.jpg' (59 KB) Download 'lizard2b.jpg' (59 KB)

Preview of image 'lizard2a.jpg'
lizard2a.jpg

Preview of image 'lizard2b.jpg'
lizard2b.jpg